Tuesday 30 September 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #4: books that were hard for me to read for various reasons

Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday. This meme is created and hosted at The Broke and The Bookish. Every week there is a new top ten list for bloggers to take part in and enjoy!


So for this Top Ten i could only find 5 books which i consider a win since it means that i haven't read a lot of bad books or just that i haven't read as many books as I'd like to think.... Yeah...Anyway! 

1.

Fallen by Lauren Kate

This book started with premise but became so incredibly slow at times that was really difficult for me to finish. Well, there was also the fact that the heroine was pretty much obsessed with the Male main character that sometimes her behaviour was just to much for me to handle. I think this book took me about 15 days to finish... Overall though i did enjoy it as it became more fast paced towards the end at least.



2.

The Fellowship of the ring by J.R.R. Tolkien

Although i really did enjoy it and reading it made me understand why everyone praises this book so much, i think that the author spend a big portion of the book describing the scenery that it made the book feel very slow paced.




3.

Pollyanna Grows up by Eleanor H. Porter


I read the first book in this series when i was 8 or 9 and really loved it- it was probably one of the first books i read by myself. The whole concept of 'the glad game' was really interesting and I had grown to love Pollyanna for her positive nature. BUT, when i got to the second book- one year later- it became very difficult for me to get through this book as easily as i had in the previous one. It might have been because i read this book during my adventure-book face when i was all about mystery and action and this book might have been a little too timid for me or because in this book Pollyanna's positivity had started to get a tad bit overbearing.




4.

Existence by Abbi Glines


I first read this book back in 2011 when i started getting into reading and really loved it. But, a few months ago when i decided to reread it, i could not, for the life of me, get through it. At one point i think i skipped about 50 pages just to get to the end. The main character, although she started as a strong female became too hung up to the love interest and suddenly the whole book started being all about the romance and everything else was put aside. 




5.

Blue Moon (The Immortals #2) by Alyson Noel.


This is another case of the 'sequel virus'. I loved Evermore, the first book in this series so much i thought this series was going to be one of my favourites. Then I got to Blue Moon. In this book, the MC changes drastically. For the worse. 


So which books did you find difficult to finish? Comment and tell me your picks or just leave the link from your blog so i can check it out myself! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment